Human growth hormone, is produced by your body. Hence this aids with gains in muscular strength and lean body mass.
It’s also very important for maintaining your youth and vitality as you get older. Thus, a drop in HGH levels is one of the surest signs of aging.
Taking human growth hormone in its natural form requires a prescription and careful intramuscular injections. But an HGH supplement can help boost your body’s production of human growth hormone naturally.
HGH Uses and Abuses
- Turner’s syndrome, a genetic disorder that affects a girl’s development.
- Also Prader-Willi syndrome, an uncommon genetic disorder causing poor muscle tone, low levels of sex hormones, and a constant feeling of hunger.
- Chronic kidney disease.
- HGH deficiency or insufficiency.
- Children born small for gestational age.
In adults, approved uses of HGH include:
- Short bowel syndrome, a condition in which nutrients are not properly absorbed. This is due to severe intestinal disease or the surgical removal of a large portion of the small intestine.
- HGH deficiency due to rare pituitary tumors or their treatment.
- Muscle-wasting disease associated with HIV/AIDS.
- But the most common uses for HGH are not FDA-approved. Some people use the hormone. Along with other performance-enhancing drugs such as anabolic steroids. This is in an attempt to build muscle and improve athletic performance.